Prestige property linking Montreal’s retail trade history with 21st century global commerce
This property is a jewel in the heart of Montreal’s International Quarter. Originally constructed in 1875, and known as the McIntyre Building, it has been completely modernized over time. It is situated close to the Montreal-Trudeau International Airport and within walking distance to Montreal’s Central Station.
Connected to the InterContinental Montreal hotel, the property also features a food court as well as indoor access to the metro Square Victoria and to indoor parking. Its central location ensures easy access no matter the mode of transportation, including public transit and bicycle.
Among its many features, it features an urban farm on its roof. In addition, the building has an onsite security service available 24/7.
This property is part of Montreal’s storied history. Built by Montreal businessman Duncan McIntyre in 1875, it initially served as a dry goods store and warehouse. McIntyre, Son & Co occupied the space until 1927, and the building was expanded during that time.
At the end of the 1920s, the building was home to several important businesses in Montreal. The property was acquired by Canada Steamship Lines in 1946, alongside the neighbouring Greenshields building. In 1976, the property was sold to Power Corporation of Canada, who continues to reside in this location as its main tenant.